Starting a new school year is exciting...but for children who don’t have school supplies, it can also be terrifying. That’s where these kits - and your compassion - come in! Plus, the fabric bag you pack each kit in provides a long-lasting gift that kids can carry to and from school!
Here's what you'll need...
- One pair of blunt scissors removed from the package (rounded tip, only)
- Three 70-count bound notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter, 12" ruler
- One hand-held pencil sharpener (removed from package)
- One large eraser (no pencil cap erasers)
- Six new, unsharpened pencils with erasers (removed from packing and use a rubber band to hold the pencils together).
- One box of 24 crayons
- One 12" x 14" to 14" x 17" finished size cotton or lightweight canvas bag with handles (solid color or kid-friendly fabric, no logos, reusable shopping bags or backpacks)
Please do not enclose money or extra items inside of the kits.
All items must be packed inside of the bag.
Loose school kit items may be placed in a large Ziploc type bag to keep them together. Remove the air, seal the bag and place inside of the cotton/canvas bag.
Need a school bag?
Processing Fee: $2 per kit
A note about shipping...
Shipping of the kits from our warehouse to their final destination is expensive. Costs include renting space on trucks, boats and planes, paying for gas, for the insurance of each shipment and for other delivery fees. We ask that our donors help cover a small amount of this cost. You can cover these fees online here.