A bucket is full of home-recovery supplies that are needed after a disaster strikes.
It’s more than just a bucket … It’s become a bucket of HOPE.
Here's what you'll need...
- One five-gallon bucket with resealable lid (if reused, scrub clean. Do not use a bucket that has held chemicals of any kind)
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush 18 reusable, lightweight dry cleaning towels (e.g. Handi wipes)
- One 50oz. or two 25oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-17oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs of heavy-duty, waterproof dishwashing gloves (latex-free, non-surgical)
- One pair of work gloves (cotton with leather palm or all leather)
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
Please do not enclose money or extra items inside of the kits.
All cleaning items must be new and all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened.
Fitting all of the items into the bucket can be a challenge.
- Place the larger items into the bucket first, then add the smaller items.
- Make sure everything is packed securely to avoid damage during shipment.
- Snap the lid on tight and seal with packing tape.
Processing Fee: $3 per kit
A note about shipping...
Shipping of the kits from our warehouse to their final destination is expensive. Costs include renting space on trucks, boats and planes, paying for gas, for the insurance of each shipment and for other delivery fees. We ask that our donors help cover a small amount of this cost. You can cover these fees online here.