When people are forced to abruptly leave their homes because of emergencies, they may not have the time to pack the things they use on a daily basis like toothbrush or soap. But after a few days without these items, they definitely miss them. Your hygiene kits offer a refreshing daily boost for someone when supplies are hard to come by.
Here's what you'll need...
- One hand towel measuring approximately 15” x 28” to 16” x 32” (no fingertip, bath, dish towel, or micro-fiber)
- One washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb removed from the package
Must be sturdy with at least 6 inches of teeth. No pocket combs or picks. Rattail and combs without handles are acceptable, must have at least 6” of teeth
- One fingernail or toenail clipper removed from the package (either one is acceptable)
- One bath size bar of soap in the original package
- One toothbrush in the original package
- Ten standard size Band-Aids
Please do not enclose money or extra items inside of the kits.
All items need to fit inside a one- gallon Ziploc type bag. Remove the excess air from the bag and seal before boxing.
Do not add any toothpaste. A tube of extended expiration date toothpaste will be added to each hygiene kit just prior to its journey.
Processing Fee: $2 per kit
Festival of Sharing Hygiene Kits
Frequently Asked Questions
A note about shipping...
Shipping of the kits from our warehouse to their final destination is expensive. Costs include renting space on trucks, boats and planes, paying for gas, for the insurance of each shipment and for other delivery fees. We ask that our donors help cover a small amount of this cost. You can cover these fees online here.